Thursday, February 27, 2014

SHREK Muffins

Like most children, Riley is not a fan of veggies. I have tried many things and its just not working. I have discovered however, if I hide them in muffin or bread form, he will likely eat it. I have done carrot and pumpkin whole grain bread, squash and broccoli muffins, and his absolute favorite SHREK muffins! (a.k.a Spinach muffins) 
These are so popular with the tiny humans that they are the number one snack request. And if I run out...6 toddler temper tantrums at one time! Needless to say, I always have a supply of these in the freezer. 
Our most recent batch even had Riley helping in the kitchen! 
Yes, they are green, which is why the name SHREK...ever try to ask a child if the want a spinach muffin?
I found the recipe here. I often add a little plain Greek yogurt or whole milk to get them a little more moist.
Give them a try. I would love to hear what you think!
post signature

No comments: