Thursday, February 27, 2014

Crafting.....

One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to get in touch with my crafty side. I purchased a sewing machine and knitting needles and gave it a go. I did discover that me and knitting do not go well together but I am getting the hang of crocheting. I still have to use a step-by-step tutorial but I am getting better with each new wash cloth. Check out Heather's page at Dragon Fly Designs if you are interested in learning!
I am still learning how to cut fabric and sew a straight line but here are a few pictures of some of the things I have finished....
 Its hard to see here but this tote even has a flat bottom!

When Riley saw mine, he wanted one. This one is reversible!
I got the tutorials and tote pattern from Pinterest but mostly used the tutorials from Sew Mama Sew. The steps were super easy to follow and there are step-by-step pictures!
And finally, I have fallen in love with making Deco Mesh wreaths. I had been admiring the ones in the craft stores but they were very expensive so I decided to make them myself. I still need a lot of practice but here are the few I have completed.


I have a few more projects in the works so check back for updates!
post signature

No comments: